First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day loves!
Valentine’s Day is not just celebrated between couples, but it is for father-daughter, mother-son, brother and sister, mother and daughter, between friends, etc.. It’s a day to cherish amongst the loved ones. I believe Valentine’s Day should be celebrated every day, not just every February 14th. Letting everyone know that they are loved should be an everyday thing, rather than one specific day. I still remember in elementary school my classmates and I would purchase chocolates and would give it to each other during lunch break, haha! Good old days!
I am a sucker for cute things. Roses, love, chocolates, teddy bears, hearts, romance and Valentine’s Day itself. 😍
Valentine’s Day brunch outfit details as follows;
Top: Macy’s – Worthington
Skirt: Macy’s – Decree
Sunglasses: Charming Charlie
Watch: Betsy Johnson
Heels: Payless – Montego Bay Club
Bag: Steve Madden
Ring and earring: Forever 21
Photo Courtesy: Priyanka Patel
Valentine’s Day dinner outfit details as follows;
It got a tad bit cold so I decided to keep the top as it is and went with leggings from Forever 21 and scarf from Nordstrom; along with brown boots from Macy’s.
I’ve never tried face masks before. I was never a huge fan of them, mainly because of the way they stretch my skin and feel when they are on my face. I always felt as if they were burning my skin – which I did not like at all.
Could days back, I was watching KaushalBeauty’s YouTube video on her skincare routine which sparked my interest in trying on a face mask. That’s when I did some research on which one would be suitable to use on my skin. I did not want to go all out and purchase an expensive one since it was my very first time examining it. I needed something inexpensive and that’ll serve my requirements.
After investigating for good two days, haha, I came across this L’oréal Paris Pure-Clay Mask/Masque Argile-Pure. When I first applied it all over my face, I was worried it might not dry quickly and I’m going to have a tough time using this product but I was wrong. It dried pretty quickly, it wasn’t too heavy on my face unlike the other masks, and it didn’t disturb my skin at all. I felt this product pull at the stuff off my skin — I felt it work.
Once the 15 minutes were up, I rinse it off with warm water and I felt my skin softer than earlier and fresher than ever. My brother instantly asked what I put on my skin and said, “you look different – in a good way different!” Right then and there, this product became my go-to face mask.
This face mask is very good for instant glow before any event, cheap and affordable, and it is not time-consuming at all.
Going from being a bum all day and watching Netflix for about a month to education and being productive can be a drastic change. Now that the classes have started and things are getting serious, I thought of sharing few tips I do to be more productive:
- When I wake up, I begin my day with yoga. It energizes me and put me in the best mood ever.
- COFFEE. COFFEE. COFFEE. I CANNOT start my day without a cup of coffee. It’s a cherry on top to the yoga routine.
- A planner is a great tool to stay organized and staying on top of the game with. I write all of my major errands; upcoming meetings, homework, blog posts, upcoming parties, etc… To-do list is a must. I make a list of the stuff I have to get done before I carry on with my day (otherwise I forget most of the things). As the day goes on, I check off the things I have accomplished. The list helps me keep a record of the things I have yet to complete.
- Reading motivational quotes. When I lose motivation in the middle of the day, I tend to read my favorite quotes which get me back on track & working. Here are couple of my favorite quotes:
Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. – Blair Waldorf
You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good. -Jerry West
- Last but not the least, I reward myself once I’m done checking things from the list. For example, I would treat myself to a dark chocolate or a fruit platter. It’s a great way to end a productive day!
I hope these tips help you! ☺️
My blog is officially two months old and the love I have received from all of my readers, as well as my fellow bloggers, is incredible. I enjoyed every second of it and every bit of it! I cannot wait to blog more and interact with you lovelies more and more, day by day, second by second, haha!
Thank you so much, muah😊
Follow me on social, you guys!
I’ve decided to collaborate with MyLifeAsPri for a photoshoot on Friday the 3rd of February at 2PM EST.
I’ll be doing a live stream on Instagram. So to those who are intrested in watching the live photoshoot, please be sure to follow me on IG at MaitriPatel17 !
See you all then, muah💋😊
I’ve been attending a lot of events lately. Starting from the New year’s, to various photo shoots, family reunion, friends get together, etc.. And there is literally nothing better than pampering my skin after a long day of wearing makeup.
Few things I like to do after a fun filled day;
- I first use face wipes to take my makeup off, then jump straight into the shower. I use Beauty 360 Sensitive Skin Cleansing Towelettes. They remove all the makeup off my face and leave my skin all fresh and glowy looking. You could find these swipes at any drug stores and these are pretty affordable as well!
- I use Cerva for my face wash and for the body, I use a shower gel from The Body Shop in Sweet Lemon. The smell of it is soososososo good. 😍
- There is nothing better than moisturizing my clean fresh face with some face cream. My face cream is from Clinique. It hydrates my skin like no tomorrow! I’ve tried multiple face cream but none of them satisfied my skin as much as the Clinique did. It does not feel heavy on my skin whatsoever and it’s literally great. Like the best.
- How can I moisturize my face and completely forget about the body? So for my body, I use Josie Maran Whipped Argon Oil Body Butter. The one I use is unscented. I like my body cream to be unscented so I could go with whichever perfume I desire to wear and not have to worry about the scent budging!
- Last but not the lips! (See what I did there, haha!) We all love pump-y lips and to pump my lips up, I use the super nourishing lip balm from the Sephora Collection. It keeps my lips hydrated, soft and looking fabulous than before. 💋
I was invited to a party the past weekend, and the outfit I wore, I fell absolutely in love with. I just couldn’t help but share my weekend look with you guys! So here it goes..
- My dress is from Kohl’s by Speechless
- My heels are from Nordstrom
I’ve always heard a lot about Kylie Jenner’s lipsticks/lip glosses but I was never really intreated by it. Mainly because I was told by a friend of mine that they sell out within the first few seconds of launching it and are very expensive. Which is 100% true. And I’m not about the waiting life. If the item is sold out, I’ll literally check the website million times a day to see if they restock it. And if I do place an order, I keep tracking the package every five minutes to see when it’ll deliver. As much as I love online shopping, I have no patience whatsoever.
One day, I was sitting in my room, looking at YouTube videos where I came across a review video of Kylie Jenner’s lipgloss – Posie K. I thought to myself, let’s check it out. I don’t have to purchase it but there’s no harm in watching the reviews and how it works/feels on the skin. Let me tell you guys, the review video was marvelous. I wanted to go ahead and make the purchase right then and there but I did not, I made a wise choice by talking more about it to my friends, picked out the shade as well as watched more YouTube videos. After consulting for about good two weeks, I made a decision of purchasing my first Kylie Jenner’s lipgloss in shade Posie K.
Couple months later, Kylie launched my all time favorite shade – Leo. Leo is a dark maroon matte liquid lipstick. Dark maroon lipsticks are my ride or die at this point. The color looks fantastic on my skin and it goes on with literally any outfit as well as perfect to wear for any occasion. Although the price of the lipstick/lipgloss were out of the roof, I’m glad I made the investment. It lasts on my lip for good 12 plus hours. It goes on smoothly, it is not sticky or annoying my lips in any form.
Here are couple snapshots of me wearing Leo and Posie K💋
I’ve been asked this by numerous people to why I started a blog. So I have decided to answer the question.
Ever since I was in high school, I have been active on Tumblr. To those who don’t know what Tumblr is, Tumblr is a place to discover and post about the things you love as well as join communities of the people who love the same things.
I would reblog posts as well as upload my photos. I’ve uploaded my own photos for about 4 years with mini captions. After high school graduation, I took my Tumblr posts to a different level. I started to write mini posts (3-4 sentences) regarding my favorite product or describing the pictures I would upload. Aside from that, I was part of journalism/newspaper club in school where I would write articles regarding current events in the newspaper.
After a year of serious thinking, I finally decided to open an account. I kid you not, I have made the best decision of my life because it makes it easier for me to share my content with a wonderful audience like you as well as my fellow bloggers.
It makes me feel like I’m a part of something and I’m able to share anything on my page!
Leave a comment below and let me know your background story 🙂