I was invited to The BAPS Women’s Conference 2017 where all the women get together to discuss numerous leadership topics, promote culture and ethnic pride in our upcoming generations. Each year, thousands of women from diverse backgrounds and age group gather to learn from each other and build a powerful bond within our society.
Last year’s theme was Moving Forward.
Last year, the conference featured inspiring speakers, interactive learning, and purposeful networking to support women further in their personal and professional lives, taking a step in the right direction.The convention served as an occasion to share difficulties in the chase of enthusiasm and inspired members to introspect on how to grow further qualified leaders. The exceptional speakers explored key concepts of compassion, indulgence, and determination through sharing their individual stories of leadership.
This year, the theme of BAPS Women’s Conference was Resolutions: Bonds That Liberate.
This year’s theme mainly focused on positive resolutions that change lives by turning habits: accepting ownership, performing hard work, and making sacrifices. The conference directed on how one can enhance responsibility and accountability within her home, family, career, community, and spiritual advancement without feeling overwhelmed. The audience learned that hard work requires dedication and commitment to finding a solution without falling apart. The conference also went over the importance of putting other’s needs above ours which I thought was very important.
Since it is the prom season, I decided why not share my prom look and outfit details.
I did not go to my senior prom because it was a personal decision, but I did, however, go to my Junior Prom. I went with one of my close friends, Neal Patel.
Unfortunately, we did not get to take a lot of pictures due to the weather, but here are some pictures.
I did not go insane and spent a lot of money on Junior prom.
- For nails, I decided to go with acrylics french tips (After prom, I had a family function to attend so I needed my nails to match everything).
- For hair, I curled them and my queen, my mother did my half up-do.
- Makeup was done by one of my close friends, Moksha Naik.
- Dress is from Macy’s, heels are from Nordstrom and my jewelry is from a boutique in India.
The order as follows; me, one of my close friends Priyanka Patel and my prom date Neal Patel !
Have fun at prom to those who are going this year 🙂
3 things I struggle with as a blogger
- Writing a blog post – mainly because now that the classes have started, I barely get enough time for myself. The little time I get to myself, I watch Netflix, take a nap or hangout with friends.
- Photography – planning photoshoots date has become very challenging because we never know, when Priyanka and I are free. When I am free, she isn’t and vice versa.
- Last but certainly not the least – publishing. I never know when to publish my articles. Morning, afternoon, evening or night and which day so, I just sort my blog posts to go live Monday between 8:00AM – 9:00AM. 😦
Haha, I think about a LOT of things whether it’s publishing it or any other life choices. But these are my three struggles I come across now that the classes have started.
First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day loves!
Valentine’s Day is not just celebrated between couples, but it is for father-daughter, mother-son, brother and sister, mother and daughter, between friends, etc.. It’s a day to cherish amongst the loved ones. I believe Valentine’s Day should be celebrated every day, not just every February 14th. Letting everyone know that they are loved should be an everyday thing, rather than one specific day. I still remember in elementary school my classmates and I would purchase chocolates and would give it to each other during lunch break, haha! Good old days!
I am a sucker for cute things. Roses, love, chocolates, teddy bears, hearts, romance and Valentine’s Day itself. 😍
Valentine’s Day brunch outfit details as follows;
Top: Macy’s – Worthington
Skirt: Macy’s – Decree
Sunglasses: Charming Charlie
Watch: Betsy Johnson
Heels: Payless – Montego Bay Club
Bag: Steve Madden
Ring and earring: Forever 21
Photo Courtesy: Priyanka Patel
Valentine’s Day dinner outfit details as follows;
It got a tad bit cold so I decided to keep the top as it is and went with leggings from Forever 21 and scarf from Nordstrom; along with brown boots from Macy’s.
I’ve never tried face masks before. I was never a huge fan of them, mainly because of the way they stretch my skin and feel when they are on my face. I always felt as if they were burning my skin – which I did not like at all.
Could days back, I was watching KaushalBeauty’s YouTube video on her skincare routine which sparked my interest in trying on a face mask. That’s when I did some research on which one would be suitable to use on my skin. I did not want to go all out and purchase an expensive one since it was my very first time examining it. I needed something inexpensive and that’ll serve my requirements.
After investigating for good two days, haha, I came across this L’oréal Paris Pure-Clay Mask/Masque Argile-Pure. When I first applied it all over my face, I was worried it might not dry quickly and I’m going to have a tough time using this product but I was wrong. It dried pretty quickly, it wasn’t too heavy on my face unlike the other masks, and it didn’t disturb my skin at all. I felt this product pull at the stuff off my skin — I felt it work.
Once the 15 minutes were up, I rinse it off with warm water and I felt my skin softer than earlier and fresher than ever. My brother instantly asked what I put on my skin and said, “you look different – in a good way different!” Right then and there, this product became my go-to face mask.
This face mask is very good for instant glow before any event, cheap and affordable, and it is not time-consuming at all.
Going from being a bum all day and watching Netflix for about a month to education and being productive can be a drastic change. Now that the classes have started and things are getting serious, I thought of sharing few tips I do to be more productive:
- When I wake up, I begin my day with yoga. It energizes me and put me in the best mood ever.
- COFFEE. COFFEE. COFFEE. I CANNOT start my day without a cup of coffee. It’s a cherry on top to the yoga routine.
- A planner is a great tool to stay organized and staying on top of the game with. I write all of my major errands; upcoming meetings, homework, blog posts, upcoming parties, etc… To-do list is a must. I make a list of the stuff I have to get done before I carry on with my day (otherwise I forget most of the things). As the day goes on, I check off the things I have accomplished. The list helps me keep a record of the things I have yet to complete.
- Reading motivational quotes. When I lose motivation in the middle of the day, I tend to read my favorite quotes which get me back on track & working. Here are couple of my favorite quotes:
Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. – Blair Waldorf
You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good. -Jerry West
- Last but not the least, I reward myself once I’m done checking things from the list. For example, I would treat myself to a dark chocolate or a fruit platter. It’s a great way to end a productive day!
I hope these tips help you! ☺️
My blog is officially two months old and the love I have received from all of my readers, as well as my fellow bloggers, is incredible. I enjoyed every second of it and every bit of it! I cannot wait to blog more and interact with you lovelies more and more, day by day, second by second, haha!
Thank you so much, muah😊
Follow me on social, you guys!