Since it is the prom season, I decided why not share my prom look and outfit details.
I did not go to my senior prom because it was a personal decision, but I did, however, go to my Junior Prom. I went with one of my close friends, Neal Patel.
Unfortunately, we did not get to take a lot of pictures due to the weather, but here are some pictures.
I did not go insane and spent a lot of money on Junior prom.
- For nails, I decided to go with acrylics french tips (After prom, I had a family function to attend so I needed my nails to match everything).
- For hair, I curled them and my queen, my mother did my half up-do.
- Makeup was done by one of my close friends, Moksha Naik.
- Dress is from Macy’s, heels are from Nordstrom and my jewelry is from a boutique in India.
The order as follows; me, one of my close friends Priyanka Patel and my prom date Neal Patel !
Have fun at prom to those who are going this year 🙂
3 things I struggle with as a blogger
- Writing a blog post – mainly because now that the classes have started, I barely get enough time for myself. The little time I get to myself, I watch Netflix, take a nap or hangout with friends.
- Photography – planning photoshoots date has become very challenging because we never know, when Priyanka and I are free. When I am free, she isn’t and vice versa.
- Last but certainly not the least – publishing. I never know when to publish my articles. Morning, afternoon, evening or night and which day so, I just sort my blog posts to go live Monday between 8:00AM – 9:00AM. 😦
Haha, I think about a LOT of things whether it’s publishing it or any other life choices. But these are my three struggles I come across now that the classes have started.
First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day loves!
Valentine’s Day is not just celebrated between couples, but it is for father-daughter, mother-son, brother and sister, mother and daughter, between friends, etc.. It’s a day to cherish amongst the loved ones. I believe Valentine’s Day should be celebrated every day, not just every February 14th. Letting everyone know that they are loved should be an everyday thing, rather than one specific day. I still remember in elementary school my classmates and I would purchase chocolates and would give it to each other during lunch break, haha! Good old days!
I am a sucker for cute things. Roses, love, chocolates, teddy bears, hearts, romance and Valentine’s Day itself. 😍
Valentine’s Day brunch outfit details as follows;
Top: Macy’s – Worthington
Skirt: Macy’s – Decree
Sunglasses: Charming Charlie
Watch: Betsy Johnson
Heels: Payless – Montego Bay Club
Bag: Steve Madden
Ring and earring: Forever 21
Photo Courtesy: Priyanka Patel
Valentine’s Day dinner outfit details as follows;
It got a tad bit cold so I decided to keep the top as it is and went with leggings from Forever 21 and scarf from Nordstrom; along with brown boots from Macy’s.
I’ve never tried face masks before. I was never a huge fan of them, mainly because of the way they stretch my skin and feel when they are on my face. I always felt as if they were burning my skin – which I did not like at all.
Could days back, I was watching KaushalBeauty’s YouTube video on her skincare routine which sparked my interest in trying on a face mask. That’s when I did some research on which one would be suitable to use on my skin. I did not want to go all out and purchase an expensive one since it was my very first time examining it. I needed something inexpensive and that’ll serve my requirements.
After investigating for good two days, haha, I came across this L’oréal Paris Pure-Clay Mask/Masque Argile-Pure. When I first applied it all over my face, I was worried it might not dry quickly and I’m going to have a tough time using this product but I was wrong. It dried pretty quickly, it wasn’t too heavy on my face unlike the other masks, and it didn’t disturb my skin at all. I felt this product pull at the stuff off my skin — I felt it work.
Once the 15 minutes were up, I rinse it off with warm water and I felt my skin softer than earlier and fresher than ever. My brother instantly asked what I put on my skin and said, “you look different – in a good way different!” Right then and there, this product became my go-to face mask.
This face mask is very good for instant glow before any event, cheap and affordable, and it is not time-consuming at all.
Going from being a bum all day and watching Netflix for about a month to education and being productive can be a drastic change. Now that the classes have started and things are getting serious, I thought of sharing few tips I do to be more productive:
- When I wake up, I begin my day with yoga. It energizes me and put me in the best mood ever.
- COFFEE. COFFEE. COFFEE. I CANNOT start my day without a cup of coffee. It’s a cherry on top to the yoga routine.
- A planner is a great tool to stay organized and staying on top of the game with. I write all of my major errands; upcoming meetings, homework, blog posts, upcoming parties, etc… To-do list is a must. I make a list of the stuff I have to get done before I carry on with my day (otherwise I forget most of the things). As the day goes on, I check off the things I have accomplished. The list helps me keep a record of the things I have yet to complete.
- Reading motivational quotes. When I lose motivation in the middle of the day, I tend to read my favorite quotes which get me back on track & working. Here are couple of my favorite quotes:
Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. – Blair Waldorf
You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good. -Jerry West
- Last but not the least, I reward myself once I’m done checking things from the list. For example, I would treat myself to a dark chocolate or a fruit platter. It’s a great way to end a productive day!
I hope these tips help you! ☺️
My blog is officially two months old and the love I have received from all of my readers, as well as my fellow bloggers, is incredible. I enjoyed every second of it and every bit of it! I cannot wait to blog more and interact with you lovelies more and more, day by day, second by second, haha!
Thank you so much, muah😊
Follow me on social, you guys!
I’ve been attending a lot of events lately. Starting from the New year’s, to various photo shoots, family reunion, friends get together, etc.. And there is literally nothing better than pampering my skin after a long day of wearing makeup.
Few things I like to do after a fun filled day;
- I first use face wipes to take my makeup off, then jump straight into the shower. I use Beauty 360 Sensitive Skin Cleansing Towelettes. They remove all the makeup off my face and leave my skin all fresh and glowy looking. You could find these swipes at any drug stores and these are pretty affordable as well!
- I use Cerva for my face wash and for the body, I use a shower gel from The Body Shop in Sweet Lemon. The smell of it is soososososo good. 😍
- There is nothing better than moisturizing my clean fresh face with some face cream. My face cream is from Clinique. It hydrates my skin like no tomorrow! I’ve tried multiple face cream but none of them satisfied my skin as much as the Clinique did. It does not feel heavy on my skin whatsoever and it’s literally great. Like the best.
- How can I moisturize my face and completely forget about the body? So for my body, I use Josie Maran Whipped Argon Oil Body Butter. The one I use is unscented. I like my body cream to be unscented so I could go with whichever perfume I desire to wear and not have to worry about the scent budging!
- Last but not the lips! (See what I did there, haha!) We all love pump-y lips and to pump my lips up, I use the super nourishing lip balm from the Sephora Collection. It keeps my lips hydrated, soft and looking fabulous than before. 💋
I was invited to a party the past weekend, and the outfit I wore, I fell absolutely in love with. I just couldn’t help but share my weekend look with you guys! So here it goes..
- My dress is from Kohl’s by Speechless
- My heels are from Nordstrom