Now that the winter break is coming to an end, it is time to be a morning person.
(These are the few steps that work on me!)
- I place my alarm clock/phone away from my bed. This requires me to get up and turn it off. If it’s next to me, I am most likely going to hit the snooze button and fall back asleep. (If it helps, set your alarm ringtone as your favorite music.)
- Before going on with my morning routine, I like to stretch a little and then I do yoga for about 15 minutes. I have this app called ’SWORKIT’. There are four options, strength, cardio, yoga, and stretching. My personal favorite is Yoga. Once done, I prefer to say “It is a beautiful day today!” Positivity is the key.
- I usually make my bed & pick out my clothes for the day, and head right into the shower. Once done, I simply put on my baggy clothes such as a big hoodie and sweats in the winter & shorts and tees in the summer.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I’ll alternate between coffee and sandwich or cereal and milk. As I’m eating my breakfast, I like to scroll through my emails, twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Next point is makeup. People think it is such a long process but it doesn’t have to be. My everyday makeup routine involves foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner and mascara with tinted lip balm. At times I prefer to go bare face with just mascara on.
- Time to put on my lovely outfit, yay! Once done with makeup, I dress up and do my hair.
- For my hair, I usually prep the night before. Most of the days I braid my hair and leave it overnight to form beautiful waves and let it out in the morning. Others I curl or straight them the night before so in the morning I don’t have much left to do but retouch them.
And, that’s it. I hope these tips work on you 🙂